London 2023-11-30

Dylan Makepeace 24

Pervert carried out 3 sex attacks in 30 minutes on women after following them to their homes.

Profile Picture
Offender ID: O-4963


Mile End, East London, E1


A pervert has been jailed for three sex attacks on women in 30 minutes. Dylan Makepeace, 24, from Mile End, was arrested after a group of boys followed him from the second attack, and was detained by them at the scene of the third, allowing police to swoop.

On November 27 last year, two women saw Makepeace acting strangely near their home in Bethnal Green. They then realised he was following them into their complex and onto their floor despite earlier asking them how to get to a different level.

One of the women began filming Makepeace out of fear, who then attacked them. They both fought back and hit out at him. After a struggle which saw him push the women to the floor and pin them to the ground, he ran off after one of the women hit him with a mobile phone.

They both suffered cuts and scratches. The women then called police to report the attack. Around 30 minutes later - at 6pm - he approached a third woman going home from the gym and entered the communal entrance of her complex, in Mile End. She became aware that Makepeace was following her.

Once inside the complex she tried to stand to the side in the hope that he would walk past rather than follow behind her. But instead of passing her, he grabbed her and put his hand over her mouth.

She tried to scream but Makepeace told her to "shut up". She tried to hit him with her key, and during the struggle they both fell over and he put his fingers down her throat as she tried to scream.

He also hit her head hard onto the ground. Makepeace then called her nasty names before sexually assaulting her by touching her over her clothes.

The woman bravely continued to fight back and managed to hit him with her keys. But Makepeace escaped when some boys on bikes appeared outside the apartment block. A resident heard the woman’s screams and came out to help. They took her into their flat and called the police.

Police arrived and were flagged down by the young men on bikes who had followed Makepeace and detained him until police arrived. Officers arrested Makepeace and carried out an ID parade which linked him to the first attack.

At Snaresbrook Crown Court, Makepeace pleaded guilty to two counts of assault by beating, sexual assault on a female, intentional strangulation, and section 20 grievous bodily harm.

He was sentenced to five years with an additional three years on licence. He was also put on the Sex Offenders Register for life, and was also issued with a Sexual Harm Prevention Order.

Detective Sergeant Michael Dixon, who led the investigation for the Met’s Central East Safeguarding team, said: "Dylan Makepeace is very clearly a danger to the public and especially lone women. He was opportunistic and violent in his approach. He specifically targeted women as they returned home and entered private residential areas to carry out his attacks.

"I want to pay tribute to the bravery of these three women. They all showed incredible fortitude as they supported our investigation. I am in no doubt that London is a safer place with Dylan Makepeace behind bars."

Source Update